If You Read One Recipe for Brown Seeded Loafs Read this One
here we are going to show you a quick and easy recipe for baking a seeded brown loaf!
- 500g strong wholemeal flour
- 100g spelt flour
- 25g rapeseed oil
- 20g salt
- 30g yeast
- 415ml water
- 50ml Milk
- 10G sugar
- 130g sesame, sunflower and poppy and pumpkin seeds
- A Large Bowl
- A Large Chopping Board
- A Tea Towel
- A Loaf tin
- Baking sheets
- A food brush
- A Oven (obviously)
Prep: 10 mins > Cook Time: 1 Hour > Ready in: 2 Hours
- Place flour in a large bowl. Sprinkle over sugar and salt and mix in, then sprinkle over the mixture on the yeast. using your hands, mix in the water and the rapeseed oil
- Turn the mixture onto a floured board and knead well using your hands, do this for about 10 minutes. If needed, you can use a dough hook setting on a food processor.
- Clean the bowl of any excess mixture and then oil the bowl and place the dough back in said bowl. Using a damp tea-towel to cover, leave in a warm place for about 90 or so minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- After this time (or the dough has been raised), knock the dough back (Making sure the air is out as well) onto the board and knead again for a few minutes.
- Place the dough into a loaf tin, and brush with some milk. Using your hands press the seeds into the top of the dough and place on a baking sheet in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.